Specific Gravity Electrolyte and Battery Voltage
Revolutionize battery monitoring with our Real-Time Specific Gravity Monitoring solution. Our highly affordable, scalable, and automated IoT Platform system measures the gravity of sulfuric acid in Lead Acid batteries in real time , providing instant alerts, warnings, and reports to monitor the health and state of charge of your batteries. Our system eliminates the need for constant physical checks , saves time, and keeps your batteries in top shape.
Measuring the specific gravity of electrolytes in a lead-acid battery is essential for determining their state of charge and health and performing corrective actions.
- State-of-charge: A low specific gravity indicates that the battery is discharged, while a high specific gravity indicates the battery is charged.
- Battery Health: Monitoring the specific gravity over time can help monitor the battery's health. A decrease in specific gravity over a short period may indicate that the battery is reaching the end of its useful life or is experiencing issues like sulfation or stratification.
- Battery Performance: Maintaining the appropriate SOC level is crucial for the performance and lifespan of the battery bank. If the battery is discharged too deeply, it can lead to irreversible damage, reducing capacity and lifespan. On the other hand, overcharging the battery can cause it to overheat, leading to a risk of fire or explosion.
- Proprietary Algorithms: We have built a proprietary algorithm and sensing mechanism, leveraging our electrochemistry expertise, to monitor the specific gravity of sulphuric acid in Lead Acid batteries on a real-time basis.
- Accurate Measurements: Multi-point measurement and temperature compensation for accurate results.
- Real-Time Information: Real-time battery bank state of charge information is available on a single click at consolidated and drill-down levels.
- Daily Health Tracking: Time scale-based evaluation of battery condition, with trend analysis, and health risk classification.
- Easy Deployment: Sensor integrated into the vent cap for quick deployment with no hassles by simply replacing the vent cap, without compromising the venting properties of the cap.
- Rugged Design: Careful selection of sensor materials to withstand immersion in a harsh acidic environment for very long duration.
- Ultra Low Power Design: Extremely low power consuming system with advanced micro-electronics and AFE-based design.
- A Low-Cost Battery Health Monitoring System: Additional features to measure the cell voltage, charging current, discharging current and terminal temperature, making this a robust battery health monitoring system.
- Low Installation Cost: Smart design to ensure minimal wiring and low component count.
- Communication: Industry standard RS485 Modbus output to interface with our multi-function IoT Display Hub or on-site SCADA, PLC, DCS, and BMS systems.
Our team of passionate designers and engineers is dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology and expanding our technology stack to address your configuration needs. Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements pertaining to specific gravity monitoring.
Use Cases (Flooded Lead Acid Batteries):
- Battery maintenance: Specific gravity measurement is used to assess lead-acid batteries’ health and state of charge in vehicles, boats, and other applications.
- Industrial battery systems: Specific gravity measurement is used to monitor the performance of large-scale industrial battery systems, such as those used in backup power systems.
- Renewable energy: Specific gravity measurement is used in off-grid renewable energy systems that use lead-acid batteries as a storage solution.
- Telecommunications: Specific gravity measurement is used to monitor the health and state of charge of lead-acid batteries used in telecommunication systems.
- Emergency response: Specific gravity measurement is used by emergency responders to assess the state of charge of lead-acid batteries in emergency vehicles and equipment.
- Research and development: Specific gravity measurement is used in research and development to test the performance of new battery technologies and materials.
- Marine industry: Specific gravity measurement is important for lead-acid batteries used in marine applications, such as boats and yachts, to ensure that the batteries operate optimally.